Saturday, January 16, 2010

Waahaa! Silly You!




'You' being myself.

One day, I wanted to cook the canned 'embotido' from Manila. I knew my flatmates bought a new can opener to replace the old uselessly blunt one (once it took me more than 30 minutes to open one can), so I took it out from the drawer.

I knew they bought the brand Leifheit, and vaguely I remember it's called 'lefty'.

So, there I was, staring at the can opener. I'm a right-hander, I don't know how to use it!

So I used my left hand, and tried to imagine how a lefty would open a can.

Geez, I wondered then why they bought a lefty can opener. Was it by mistake?

I tried and tried but couldn't even punch a hole into the can! I was sooo frustrated! I wanted my dinner!

So I went to my laptop, hoping to find answers, and boy did I get it.

I typed in the brand name, and out popped their can opener series.

Dang, the can opener was called 'lifty'! and not 'lefty'..

I ran back to the kitchen, tried it using my right hand, and voila! In a few seconds, the can is opened.

Waahaa! The joke is on you (you is me), you assuming little hungry girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your story!
Lynn
Leifheit International USA
http://www.leifheitus.com

Back in Davao said...

Thanks! Just read your comment now since I'm browsing through my old blogs. Leifheit honestly is one of the best can opener brand I've used. The lid comes off neatly too, without those scary sharp 'peaks' that other can openers create