Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pilates First Timer


My friend tagged me along to Amore, Bugis to try their Pilates class for beginners.

I've never done yoga, never done pilates, and have no idea what goes on in a class. Though of course I did research about it before going there. I tried to find out what to wear and checked out on some videos.

At 840pm of 20Jan2010, my friend and I started balancing on our left leg while our right knee is raised up (like a karate position).

At 930pm, our legs were shaking and we were beat.

We had reached the maximum stretching that our body could take, maximum inhale/exhale while the upper body is suspended in mid air, maximum leg strengthening point and flat movements.

Gosh darn gee. Pilates is tough...

Though if it can help me lose weight, it's something I can consider doing on a regular basis. (er just the short ones found on Youtube).

No comments: