Monday, January 4, 2010

Dec 25, 2009


I know the food wasn't great, but my mom kept praising it still. Awww, that's what moms are for...





Those ant-like images are Orchard strutting people...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, I miss writing dates in this format, because in Singapore, it's always DDMMYY.

Anyway, here's the series (not so complete and detailed) of events:

Dec 25 - Tan clan (mum, dad, bro) arrived in Singapore. I was supposed to go to the airport to meet them, but at 1130am (they have already landed) I was still at Novena, making my way to Novena church. I ended up waiting for them at the bus stop outside Hotel Royal (near my condo), while munching on a chicken wing and spicy sotong (not nice, too hard) from Old Chang Kee.

For our Christmas lunch, I cooked herbed chicken (recipe borrowed from jie jie) and pork rib soup with raddish and watercress. Then, I bought a small christmas log cake from Polar.

We rested the whole afternoon and went to Orchard that evening to see the lights. Oh, the throng of people! It was a bit scary.

No comments: