Friday, January 8, 2010

Feast to End the Bad Week

Fish dumpling soup
Chicken wing with lime and chili

Mussels in chili sauce (slightly tough for my baby tooth, so it took time for me to chew)

Yummy kangkong and equally yummy stingray


Cockles. It's my first time to eat them from the shell. You have to gently pry open the shells, and prick it with a toothpick to remove (cheap version of escargot?)

I'm not a cockles person, but I ate quite a few also. Dipped them in chili with lime sauce.

Fruit Jelly. I don't know why, but I've always liked this dessert. I find it comforting.

Sinful Chendol
*********************************************************************************
What better way to end a bad week than to eat a feast?

Do you see the connection? You shouldn't, since there's no connection whatsoever.

My office chums decided to eat at Newton Circus tonight. It's a popular hawker centre, especially for the tourists. For me, it's the perfect location, because it's just a 10-minute-slow-walk away from my place.

Indeed, what a feast we had:
BBQ Wings SGD9.60
Fish Dumpling Soup SGD5
Sugarcane Juice SGD6
Main Dishes SGD30
(Stingray, kangkong, mussels)
Cockles SGD5
Longan Beancurd(hot) SGD2.20
Chendol & Fruit Jelly SGD4.50
1 cup rice -free-
Total: SGD62.30/4 = SGD15.58 (For a feast, this is so cheap!)

No comments: