Sunday, January 24, 2010

Brotzeit Pork Knuckles


Brotzeit therefore literally translates to: Breadtime
View from the second level. That e63 isn't mine =/.

The wall design

My drink: Apfelschorle - 100% apple juice mixed with sparkling mineral water.
Sounds fancy, tastes ordinary.

The plate is toooo small, my utensils kept falling out of it and making noisy 'clanking' sounds.




My friends really wanted to have a part on this picture...

bread dumpling

The sinfully crispy and oily skin. So oily that it's probably one of the reasons why I developed a headache last night.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wanted to eat pork knuckles a few weeks back, but since I went on a diet, I never thought about it. Last night, my friend suggested Brotzeit (who's known for their pork knuckles). I never really resist on food, so we to Brotzeit at 313 Somerset.
We ordered their pork knuckles, which came with two sides: potato salad and bread dumpling. Then, we also ordered their sausage platter. Actually, both our table and the one beside us ordered the same thing. Except for the drinks. They ordered beer, while we ordered wholesome sodas and iced lemon tea.

The skin was very crispy (10/10). However, for the meat, we (my friends and I) all felt that the Philippine Crispy Pata is better because it's more flavourful. But I do have to commend that in terms of the meat being tender and juicy, Brotzeit's pork knuckles were able to cover that area. It wasn't hard at all, take it from me, who has a baby tooth at the back of my mouth so I couldn't really take tough, overly fried food.

The sausages were okay. It's as sausagey as a sausage can get. I loved the one with cheese, but the rest were just regular tasting. I miss Purefoods tender juicy hotdogs from the Philippines. Nothing beats their red hotdogs!

Total bill was SDG99. But after the 10% discount from using UOB card, it was down to SGD91 for 3 people. Not bad.

No comments: