Sunday, January 24, 2010

Skinny Pizza for Skinny Me (Future Tense)








I'm still on a diet (and will be so for more months to come), so it's a bit tricky to decide what to eat. Especially on weekends, when my friend and I find comfort in eating better food from nicer restos.

For tonight, we decided on Skinny Pizza, because I thought the pizza's would be ultra slim, and therefore still fit into my no carb diet.

The pizza is indeed very skinny. So skinny that it ballooned during the baking process, and you get this crispy and airy crust in the end.

We ordered the 12" English Breakfast pizza (bacon, tomatoes, mushroom, cheese, some veggies and a sunny side up egg), cauliflower soup (my friend's) and butternut pumpkin soup(for me).

Butternut pumpkin soup - it was too sweet for me and there was a hint exotic 'spice'. Didn't really like it much.

The English Breakfast pizza- It was pretty messy to eat, although I must say when you eat it with the veggies, it's quite refreshing. Made me think of sitting inside a clean country restaurant with all-white design, beside a wide window overlooking a clear garden path or an ocean, or just a wide blank space.

I probably won't eat the same pizza and soup again, although I might try the other pizza flavours.

Total cost: SGD20/person

No comments: