Sunday, January 10, 2010

Charly T's






See? Not much fat! Clap clap for the that!


Gunpowder ice cream (or something). It's a very refreshing ice cream.. it had a hint of tea and mint. It felt like I was brushing my teeth, that refreshing!

*********************************************************************************

I can honestly say I recommend this resto, which is near The Cathay.

I read about Charly T's from 8 Days magazine (wow, I'm plugging about this magazine more and more), and since we watched Avatar at The Cathay, we decided to check the place out and eat dinner there.

Most of their dishes (if not all) are cooked with chicken. The girl said it's because chicken is their specialty.

Anyway, we tried their roasted chicken and chicken wrap.

When you order a half-chicken plate, you get to choose 3 sauces and 3 side dishes. We chose: the Charly T sauce (salsa), Lemon ginger sauce (yummy) and sesame something (which was also yummy).

The chicken was good. Tender and juicy (even the breast part) and the skin is not fatty at all. It's so much better than Kenny Roger's, and at a cheaper price too! The macaroni and cheese is not too cheesy (unlike the others I've tried, which were too cheesy that it almost gagged me. To think I like cheese), the buttered rice is good.

The only problem was/were.. I saw 3 teeny weeny strands of hair (2 from the chicken plate and 1 from the potato salad). But because the food was good, I was willing to overlook those gross bits.

Total bill was SGD48 for two people. Inclusive of drinks, soup (for my friend) and ice cream (for me).

No comments: