Friday, January 29, 2010

Cost Cutting

I took a picture of the computer cables, because we had to unplug and plug these cables by ourselves during the move. Amazing how a person can do something when there's no other options left. I mean, we girls were crying out at first and wondering how we were supposed to do the cable thingies, but in the end, to each his own. We were able to do it! Then, my PC warned me that I didn't have LAN, so I troubleshoot-ed on that. Woohoo! It felt good when I was able to find the solution (which was simple, plug in another cable with active LAN connection).
That's my desk, whatever's captured in the photo.

Another angle. The space where there's a dart board looking brochure is no longer my territory. Mine ends on the 'in' tray.
_________________________________________________________________
Orchard Road is a really expensive CBD area. Each square feet is .. I forgot how much. But because of this cost, it was decided that we have to squeeze in more people in a row of tables (Our office is located somewhere in between Orchard and Scotts road).
Previously in the office, a row would sit 3 people. Now, there's 4 people sharing 6 small rectangular tables.

The space itself is okay, IF we don't have paperwork. IF we don't have to talk on the phone. But then again, I guess we're still lucky that we get to stay in our Orchard area office instead of the far far away offices. Well, I speak for myself, since my place is near the office and if I'm thrown somewhere else.. waaaah! I won't be able to take it! I'd have to wake up early everyday!

No comments: