Thursday, May 13, 2010

First Meal in HK

Lok Yuen, somewhere...
The juice from the convenience store

Fish skin! I liked this because it's fried. Since it's fish skin, I didn't feel too guilty eating it.


Fish dumplings

Fried sliced fish = fish cake slices

Fish noodles. Fat and lumpy.
________________________________________________________
I think it was almost 5pm when we finished checking in and finally got settled in our hotel.
As usual, we were the last to be 'delivered' to our hotel. Same thing happened to me last March, when they dropped off people staying at the Mongkok area first before going to the farther places, like Tsim Sha Tsui, where we stayed.
This time, almost everybody was staying within the same area, but we were the last to get off the bus.
Anyway, we decided to eat at this place selling fish dumpling soup and other soup dishes before starting our shopping at Fa Yuen Street.
I ordered the fried fish (which was actually fish cake, unless they served the wrong dish to me) noodle soup with fish fried fish skin, while my friend ordered the fish dumpling with fish noodles.
I actually preferred the fish dumpling with fish noodles, because my soup was very salty! Had to put the red vinagar to combat the saltiness.

Forgot how much it cost, but we actually shelled out 1000 per person (500 first, and then 500 again that night) to put into our meal fund. By the end of the trip, we were left with about HKD121. We got to HK at around 2pm on Thursday, 6May2010 and left for Singapore on 10May2010 4pm flight (5D4N).

No comments: