Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dinner on the First Night






We had our dinner at Shinjuku along Jupiter Street in Makati. I like this Japanese resto, and that's saying a lot, because I'm not really a fan of Japanese food. Of course I eat it, and sometimes I crave it, but it's never on the top of my list.
But now, I have to change it to 'liked', because I was quite disappointed with their food this time. The quality seem to have gone out the window, or most likely gone off with the chef.
I ordered chicken with egg (forgot the Japanese name already) and wow, the chicken was very pale. As pale as an uncooked chicken. Taste-wise, it's something a fastfood could come up with. We also ordered the gyoza (which I guess is one of my favorite Japanese dishes) but it's burnt and not as tasty as before.

My brother order the beef with egg (forgot the Japanese name too), which used to be our favorite dish there. The beef used to be tender and the egg still watery. You poke the egg, and the yolk will ooze out and moisten the beef more. Then, together with the creamy japanese rice, you put it in your mouth and it just melts (well, kinda melts, because it's not Wagyu or Kobe). But this time, the beef was black and seemed tough, the dry egg was just there. Boo!

No comments: