Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Blood Type Diet

While waiting for my food, I went to look at all the good things! Exciting! There's food, skin care products, vitamins, cookies, drinks...



Spelt bread. It was okay, a bit dry, but definitely better tasting than wheat bread.

Celery and carrot soup. Mmmm... not bad.

My main dish and 2 side dishes

Spaghetti agli olio. Simple spaghettini with zuccini and carrots. Refreshing.
Oriental fish curry, without using coconut milk. According to the girl, they use oat milk instead. It's super worth it, I think there were close to 10 chunks of fish inside. It had pineapples and okra too. Yum.

Apple salad. Nothing extraordinary.

Camarel egg custard. Dessert without the guilt. I love it.

My purchases. About SGD29 in total.

Fruit crisps, chocolate chip cookie, brown rice vermicelli (I'm excited to cook it. I'm planning to cook sardines with vermicelli), and compact book with all the food list.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As promised to myself, I started with the blood type diet after my Hong Kong trip. Er actually, I started on Thursday, because I ate buffet on Wednesday (to be posted separately).

It's a very difficult diet, because I can only eat food that are beneficial for my blood type (B). What makes it more difficult than the others (no carb, no red meat etc) is I can only eat wheat and gluten free items. I noticed though, that most food products are made with wheat flour. Sniff.
I was able to find some wheat and gluten free food though, but they're expensive and scarce.


Anyway, I made it a goal tonight to look for 'My Type' restaurant, which serves dishes according to your blood type. I'm so happy because I found the place without problems. I got off Raffles place MRT, looked at the map and the board showing the exits, and got to my destination in less than 10 minutes.


Before I took my seat, I was asked what blood type I have. A few seconds after, I was given the Blood Type B Menu.

I was excited! Tasty yet healthy food!

I ordered their set meal, which was only SGD25. Add SGD2 to get their day drink (for today, it was either ginger or lemongrass. I got the latter).
Total meal cost was SGD29.70 for a full course meal. Super worth it. To think the quality of the food were good and fresh, and the taste was pleasant. Plus, it's healthy. I would recommend this resto, but not 'strongly' at this point because I've only tried it once. But I'll go back again next week, to see if they are consistent. Can't wait.

No comments: