Saturday, May 22, 2010

Egg For Dinner


Sounds pathetic? No! Don't pity me. I love eggs!

Good thing I'm allowed to eat it under the Blood Type diet.

The other night, I cooked myself a plate of stir fried spinach with dried scallop and 2 hard boiled eggs. Mmmm...

Just a tip from a youtube clip I saw this afternoon.. to make perfect hardboiled eggs, follow these steps:


1. Put eggs into the ..er cooking thing.. I'm suddenly out of vocabulary. The stainless steel thing to cook soup in.

2. Pour cold water, enough to cover the eggs

3. Turn on the heat

4. When the water starts to have bubbles (no need to have it reach the boiling point), turn it off and put on the lid. Leave for 17 minutes

5. After 17 minutes, pour out the hot water. Let water from the faucet 'drown' the eggs.

6. Pour the water out and submerge the eggs again in a new round of cold water under running water from the faucet.

7. You may now peel the eggs under running water. Let the other eggs soak in cool water while you're peeling.

8. Voila! You should have firm eggwhites and creamy egg yolks. Not the overly pale and paste like yolk you get when you overcook them

No comments: