Thursday, December 10, 2009

The 'Messenger', The Cat and The 'Talent Manager'

There's no connection between these three, but I just felt like putting them all in one entry.

One evening, I was walking home when I was suddenly stopped by a dude in white ( I think) outside Newton mrt station. He asked if I could give him a few minutes to answer some survey (there's a lot of that here in Singapore). He said it's about the bible. I couldn't say no, since I felt tat would be sinful. So, with my hand inside my Tyrell sea salt and vinegar (they might as well remove 'vinegar' since there wasn't even a bit of 'tang'), I tried to answer the questions.

After that, he went on to discuss about The Passover. I couldn't remember what he said anymore, because frankly my mind was already floating then. I am a Catholic, I don't have any intention to convert. Period.

Anyway, I just asked him to give me the pamphlet. If you are interested, visit these two sites:
http://english.watv.org
http://uccspace.net

I did try to visit the websites, but there was nothing.. Oh well...

Anyway, after that, I walked on. At the same time, I was finishing my bag of chips, when I encountered a cat. The cat was looking at me, so I dropped a piece of chip (mind you, it's a big, round, no-part-missing piece) and the cat ignored it! He looked at my bag and I think looked at me, so I walked on, but he was still looking at me and even walked a few steps to follow me. I was spooked, so I walked faster. When I was far, I looked behind to see if he was following me, thank goodness he wasn't!

--
Just last night, I was on my way to the Citibank kiosk outside the Isetan Shaw, when I saw this 'talent manager' walking around. I walked to the left to avoid him, and guess what, he still zoomed straight at me. He said 'quick question, how old are you? I am looking for models for commercials. Ever done a commercial blah blah blah?". I said "No, not interested" (I think I said this). Then he said "Why? You have the looks" (Hmmm) (the first time, he said I had beautiful eyes). Then I said "But anyway, I'm 28".
Then he looked at me like 'Okay', and then I walked off.

Geez, this is the 3rd time this talent manager has approached me. I think it's the same guy, although he slimmed down a lot, and he's messier now(even his hair is). [the 'swindle-ing' business must not be doing so well nowadays].

I call it swindleing because after he has made his talk about modelling career, and that he has appeared in a magazine, he will ask for about a hundred dollars or so (for the portfolio, he said). Then if you tell him you don't have cash, he will say 'you have atm? we go get cash'.

Anyway, it's either:
1. I really have the looks, that's why he's consistently been targetting me
2. I look gullible, that's why he's consistently been targetting me
3. I look like I have the money to spare
4. All of the above

No comments: