Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Hand Burger




(I couldn't flip the picture.. please just turn your head. This was halfway thru my burger)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went to 313 Somerset last Friday with my favorite date. If you've been reading my blog, you'd easily guess who I'm referring to. It's... me!

All the restos are packed, and since I'm alone (because my other self couldn't reserve a seat), I chose to eat at The Hand Burger, which looks interesting (and it has a lot of vacant tables).

It's a bit pricey, but the menu looked yummy. I wanted a chicken thigh burger, but they ran out. So the girl suggested the chicken masala, which I don't mind.
I also ordered a lemon juice with mint (forgot what it's called). This one, I liked.
The burger was huge! with fries on the side. These are my comments:
1. It's big.
2. It's messy (after first slice, first bite)
3. It comes with a fork and knife. So I guess this is how they suggest you to eat it. Minus points. For me, burgers are comfort food, it's meant to be eaten with bare hands. If it's this messy, it's very difficult to do so.
4. The chicken is okay. I mean the taste is different, but I can't comment against it because I ordered the chicken masala.
5. I don't like the bread. It's supposed to be healthier (I'm just assuming since) but er, I just don't find it appetising.


All in all, this was an expensive date meal but food was just so-so (sgd20+). I did enjoy the evening, got to discuss with myself about my christmas shopping list. It's not long, because I only included those I really wanted to give present to. Then I also got to write on my diary.

No comments: