Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Manila Hotel

My bag, Elvie, on her 2nd international trip

TV!

Me wearing my Cache Cache layered shirt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When my mom told me we were going to stay overnight at Manila Hotel, I was like 'okaaaay..'.


Not exactly exciting, since I knew the hotel was one of the oldest hotels in the city. Plus, it was located in the middle of nowhere, and the nearest you can go to is the Luneta Park.

I went there with zero expectation, and true enough, when I went in, I found the lobby old and dim and boring.

My mom went thru the check-in process, and finally, we were given our room cards.

What do you know, the cards were actually like a company ID. You just need to tap it on the sensor, and you're in! No need to insert the card into the slot. (Maybe that's how it is elsewhere in the world, but in the Philippines, most hotels would still have the 'insertable' card.).

This was the first pleasant thing. Next, the room was actually nice! The flatscreen was big, the bed was big, the table had an attache case filled with office supplies, the toilettries were fabulous! (instead of just shower cap, they also threw in handy rubber band for the ladies), the toilet had a shower area (the flat shower head was as big as a persons head) and bath tub. And it also has TV inside the toilet! Woohoo!
If you want to stay in the hotel room the whole day, Manila Hotel would be perfect.
However, for your dining pleasure, it might be worth it to get your card from the valet and drive off to someplace else for a more satisfying meal.

No comments: