Sunday, December 20, 2009

I've Crossed The Line






First round: Duck with carrot sauce, salmon, chicken satay, raviolu, roasted turkey with cranberry sauce, cereal prawn, pizza and mushroom risotto

Seaweed and crabmeat soup

Second round: creme brulee, chocolate log cake, green tea ice cream

Third round: salmon, siu mai, kuchay dumpling, salmon, roasted chicken, duck, pineapple fried rice, kenya beans, kung pao chicken
Fourth round: Wanton soup

Fifth round: fruit jelly, rockmelon, baked cheesecake, creme brulee
**********************************************************************************
My friends and I had our Christmas dinner at The Line Shangri La , Orange Grove Road.

We decided to eat an expensive buffet, anyway it's a once-a-year thing. (Eating buffet is not an uncommon thing for us, but eating an expensive one is).

Since my friend have heard rave reviews about The Line, we decided to give it a try.

Buffet is about SGD68++ per person, but during this Christmas season, they've added some 'Christmas dishes' like roasted turkey and Christmas log cakes. They added 10 bucks to the price, and it's now SGD78++. Nett price is SGD90 per person (gak.).

The place is neat and ambience is cozy. But for me, it's too cozy (too dim, to be specific). I guess if it's a date, then the place would be perfect. There are brighter parts of the resto, but we were tucked away at the back end.

Anyway, there's:
1. The Chinese section (with hand made noodles) : prawn noodles, wanton noodles, laksa. Roasted meat and steamed chicken also hung on the selection counter.

2. Indian Section: Mango chutney, prata, satay, etc.

3. Asian food: Thai pineapple fried rice, kung pao chicken, sweet and sour fish, dimsum, veggies, japanese seaweed and crab meat soup, salmon with olive, roasted chicken with eggplant, cereal prawn

4. Roast section: Roasted turkey, prime rib, roast beef

5. Italian: Risotto, pizza, ravioli, pasta
6. Japanese: Sashimi, sushi

7. Seafood: Small crab, oyster, clam, shrimp

8. Dessert: Cakes and pastries, Ice cream and crepe section, fruits

My comment:

I liked the risotto, salmon and creme brulee.
The food is generally nice in terms of taste, but I noticed they are neither hot (for hot dishes) nor cold (for desserts).

The food choices aren't that many (they didn't even serve tempura!).
Would I go back? No, I wouldn't. Because 1.) It's too expensive, considering the limited selection 2.) Though the food is 'okay', I can't recall one that I can say is 'great'.

No comments: