Monday, July 5, 2010

I Don't Like Buffets.. Really.


My favorite fried chicken place. It's not the crunchy kind, instead it's crispy without any batter or coating. Mmm... the only place where I'm 100% willing to go against the no-chicken diet (Blood Type diet)
Jufran Banana Ketchup. Perfect for Max's chicken.

Itzi

Ni
San

Err.. looks gross.. the bones, for someone else's dog. (Bones from 3 of us who had the chicken buffet).

King One rotary hotpot. (Rotary because there's a moving belt in the middle, just like the sushi place [Sakae Sushi or something, I'm not that into Japanese food]). But since there's about 8 of us, we sat at a large table, so no 'rotary' for us.

They should have a tick box for: All of the above




Tom Yum on the left, and something wansuy on the right.

Ehem, that's for 8 people okay? and er.. we ordered some more. I love the fish ball with the mozzarella cheese inside. Perfect!

The almost forgotten kani. My friend ordered something from the waiter and left this funny looking kani on the dipping sauce.

I never thought that rolling the beef strip before dropping into the soup would make a big difference, but it did. Beef was more tender.

Crowded pot. Each person shelled out about PHP600 (SGD19) for this hotpot buffet, inclusive of bottomless drinks.

Cabalen at Glorietta Mall , Makati City
All time buffet favorites since 1986. (Mostly Filipino with some Japanese and Thai dishes)

Minatamis na saging = Sweetened fat banana with milk and sago
First thing I ate




Second : Tang-hun, some rice, fried kangkong, fish, catfish, okoy

Third: Still the banana

Fourth: Okoy, pork, kangkong

Fifth: Guinumis -> Jello, sago, coconut milk and pinipig
About PHP400 per person

Ah, this one was at Circles, Shangri La Makati. About PHP1650 per person for lunch. That's SGD51+. Expensive, even by Singapore standards.
First plate: Fish, Fillet Mignon, delicious pork knuckles, sweetened pork

Second plate: Creme Brulee (I've always loved the brulee from Circles) and bread pudding ( a bit too watery, but still good)

Third plate (bowl): Mushroom risotto. I love Circles' risotto, but this time, it wasn't cooked perfectly. (Waiting time: 30 minutes)

Fourth plate: Creme brulee, steamed chocolate (too chocolatey that it stuck to the wall of my mouth), Raspberry panna cotta (panna cotta was perfect, the raspberry was too overpowering though).
Fifth plate: Home made banana nutmeg ice cream, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, and Philippine ripe mangoes.

I just had to do a special close-up 'photoshoot' with my brulee.

No comments: