Sunday, July 25, 2010

Birthday Meal, Part 3

The Marmalade Pantry at ION Orchard

Cupcake section
Warm spinach with pine nuts, mozzarella cheese, and poached egg on top. I like!
Poke, poke.. to let the yolk ooze out
Beef cheek guiness pie with cerelaic puree. Hmm.. I didn't really appreciate this dish. The puree tasted a bit like processed canned food.
Crab linguini.. quite nice, with lots of crab meat shreds on top.
Weird looking heavy spoon and fork for... dessert!
Sea salt caramel cheesecake. Couldn't really taste the sea salt factor, but it was still very good
Sticky date pudding with vanilla ice cream, my flatmate's favorite. It's very nice, the warmness of the pudding, sweetness of the caramel syrup, and comforting vanilla ice cream.

__________________________________________________
My flatmates treated me to a birthday lunch today. At about 1230 today, we (three of us) stepped out of the condo and got into a cab to go to ION Orchard.

I had a lovely time, chatting and eating and eating and chatting.

My birthday this year is truly memorable.

2 comments:

Admin said...

intriguing name... cerelaic puree ...sounds like the baby food - cerelac!... maybe thats why it tasted like processed canned food?

Back in Davao said...

Actually, it tasted like Gerber. Those savory ones. Honestly. Hehe