Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Birthday...

...to me!
Herbal soup and spicy soup
Meat
Veggies
Various awards.. quite a few from Singapore Tatler



Xiao long bao

The desserts

The spicy soup

Lime-y juice with mint, a refereshing drink once you get over the initial strong taste. Complimentary from the Manager, because it's my birthday! =)

Mint chocolate, raspberry and yam ice cream

My yam ice cream with the warm dessert thingy

My birthday cake! The manager decorated the cake with additional rambutan, and a group of waiters sang 'Happy birthday!' and 'Chu ni sheng r quai le' (yeah, I don't know how to pingyin.)

My gifts!

Lacoste tote from my fairy god sister =). Can't wait for my next travel to use it!

Marks & Spencer floral shower creme, lotion and perfume set from my RM (relationship manager)
***********************************************************************
It's one of my best birthdays to date.
So many blessings, so many good things. It's actually shameful that I complain about how things are (but I can't help it at times =<), when everything I ever need (even those that I didn't think I need) somehow just gets presented to me.
Today started off with a big surprise on my office chair. A carrier bag with a wrapped gift inside!
The day progressed as usual, with the common transactions and issues from clients.
Then, I had a dinner date with my dear friend. I assumed it was going to be the three of us- me, my friend and her boyfriend.
I rushed to pack my things at 630p, while my office buddy also did the same. She was talking to someone on the phone, and she mentioned that she'll have to go back to the office tomorrow, since she has to rush off for an dinner appointment and won't be able to finish her work.
She left ahead of me, while I rushed down to the branch to deposit a cheque and withdraw some cash.
My friend picked me up and we went to the restaurant. The Magic of Chongqing Hotpot at Tanglin Shopping Center. I was waiting for our turn at the reception area, when my friend walked straight in. I followed inside, and was very pleasantly surprised when I looked up and saw my office buddy and some other friends seated on the first table!
Surprise! It's a birthday dinner for me!
We chatted, stuffed ourselves silly and laughed all throughout dinner. It was so much fun.

We were finishing our dessert, when suddenly "Happy birthday to you! You belong to the zoo, with the monkeys and the donkeys, happy birthday to you!". Joke! Scrap that zoo part, it was the original birthday song, which the waiters and manager sang, while bringing a slice of strawberry cake with a lighted candle for me.
I was surprised yet again, and touched to the core.
(The manager even took picture of me holding the cake, and said they'll upload my photo in Facebook. I just hope it's a good shot.)
I made a wish and blew the candle out.
It's a very memorable birthday, one that I will never forget.
Thank you so much, my fairy god sister. I am crying now, really. It seems the emotions are overflowing. I don't know what I did to deserve you as a friend. You've been so good to me, and I'm really going to miss you now that you're moving on to a greener pasture. (It's that happy-kinda-sad feeling).
I will miss the toilet trips, the lunches together, the IM conversation. I will miss walking pass your lorong and turning my head to see what you're doing (You didn't know that I do that, right?), and I'll miss the security of just knowing that you're there.
Thank you. We'll see each other often, and.. I promise I will be quick(er) to answer calls.

No comments: