Sunday, February 27, 2011

Friday Night Dinner

On Friday night , my friend and I went to Uluru for our dinner.
Uluru is an Aussie Bar and Steakhouse tucked away somewhere in Duxton

Dippers for the bread.




We had the set meal. Great minds think alike. My friend and I both ordered the salad, 200 Days Angus Sirloin and Creme Brulee. However, since they ran out of ice cream, my friend changed hers to Cheese Plate


The lone piece of bread

Out of everything in this place, I only liked the leaf, which was tossed perfectly . Each mouthful has the right amount of dressing .(I hate eating salads which taste like water on most parts, and strong dressing taste on the others.)

The 200 days angus sirloin - medium well.

And the heavenly mashed potato. Even better than the mashed potato from Chili's!

It's smooth, and tasty and just perfect.

My teeth is not strong enough to eat steaks yet. Sniff. Since I'm still letting my right molar rest, I had to chew using the left side of my mouth. It was super taxing on me, that I had to cut the beef into teeny tiny pieces before chewing them (more of swallowing them).
From what I could remember, the meat was tasty.. but generally, what I really remember is how long it took me to eat it.

The discarded portion. Too bloody for me.

We ordered a separate bowl of mashed potatoes! I ate 3/4 of it though.. and you could imagine how happy my teeth were!
Creme brulee. It's okay, but I would've preferred a softer custard. I just found it too firm.
All in all, it was a good meal, especially since I was with my good friend.
The mashed potato is absolutely worth going back to. Mmm yum!

No comments: