Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ayam Penyet Craving

I was planning to have a light Sunday dimsum lunch at Novena. My mind was set, until I watched this Indonesian show where they were trying out the different restos and stalls here in Singapore that serves Ayam Penyet..

Suddenly, I felt myself drooling and craving for Ayam Penyet (smashed chicken).

Well, the closest one was at the food court of Velocity.
So, that's where I went.
I ordered the ayam penyet, thigh part.



The chicken, telok and something (the nugget-lookalike) with the sambal.


The soup, which is a bit sweet, a bit spicy and a bit sour.
**************************************************************
I feel that the taste (and especially the choice of rice) has improved from the last time I ate at Spice Corner.
Chicken was good, except I didn't really get the 'ayam penyet' feel when I ate it. It tasted like a good home-fried chicken.
The two other fried stuff were so-so. Sambal was okay, although it wasn't scorchingly spicy.
The Ayam Penyet at Lucky Plaza is definitely still more shiok, but I like the quality of the food (chicken is not fatty) from Spice Corner. It's very good, considering it's in a food court.

No comments: