Saturday, February 19, 2011

19Feb2011

That's my dentist, bending down to get some file for his next patient
A stretch of stalls selling cheaper toilettries

At Toa Payoh Hub.. The pomeranian was so cute, vigorously shaking its bootie while chasing after its owner.

Come Buy milk tea stall


Oooooh... look at that...that mango smoothie.. looks smooth.. so that's what I ordered.


The board with the stats of their daily sales indicated.

My mango smoothie takeaway. Not so nice. It tasted very synthetic.

Bought myself sliced fish porridge at Gourmet Paradise (food court) at Toa Payoh hub. My mouth was still numb (from the anesthesia), so I decided to go on a soft diet.


I'm very impressed with the food court. They've renovated it and now it's so nice and clean and cheerful. A place I can recommend people to try.

The porridge was soooo yummy! I don't know if it's because I was very hungry at 2pm, or because half of my tongue was numb, and half of it was just so happy to be able to taste anything at all. But really, it's a 4.5 for me. (It became saltier when the anesthesia started to wear off that's why it's not a perfect 5. [It took me an hour or so to finish the porridge]) .

After my 2+ hours stay in the office, I went to Takashimaya to buy my Nikes. Then, I went to NEX Mall at Serangoon.
It's less crowded now, so it's so much better to move about. But the restaurants were packed, so it was still a bit of a headache.



How cute, a giant cup of corn. I miss eating corn! I can't eat corn now because of the blood type diet.

The Prata place. I forgot the exact resto name. I wanted to buy back egg and cheese prata but decided against it because I had gogo franks for my snacks (and that's prata already).
Then I was salivating for briyani rice, but I didn't want to indulge in rice.


Flipping the prata


Hmmm.. I wonder why they had to include the armpit and chest hair on the cartoon ? It's an eyesore for me *shudders*

I just bought sweet lassi, which was thick and nice.. it was suuuuuper filling too.
It's about 3.10 for this cup.
The 'infinity' landscape. If you walk straight, you'd fall to the level below. There's no barricade whatsoever.


My dentist appointment was at 11:45am. I got there at 11:50 (late as usual).

The dentist discussed a bit about the procedure, and I asked for anesthesia (which he also recommended because he said without it, I might jump up from pain). At about 12pm, I saw the needle and felt weak. Around 12:02, the needle was imbedded on the soft flesh of my mouth (right side). At 12:03 he asked me to rinse my mouth and I saw blood when I spit.

Then at about 12:05, my mouth felt pleasantly numb. He drilled and did whatever to my teeth, and I didn't feel the pain. Except for one instance when he was pounding on my tooth. Real hard. (my poor molar).

At 12:20pm, the procedure was done. When I tried to lick my lips, I couldn't lick the left portion. Darn it! And the anesthesia won't wear off until 4pm.

It was at that point that I understood how my mom felt when she had bell's palsy 2 years ago. Imagine, licking the lips alone took so much effort. Sigh, it's a very sad feeling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my dentist, which cost SGD65, I went to Toa Payoh hub to buy my lunch. Then, I went to the office to eat my lunch, then get some work done, and do some clean-ups and filing.

I'm so happy, my desk is now a bit more organised!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then, I went to Takashimaya and bought my rubber shoes. I also had my afternoon snack there.

Then, I went to NEX Mall where I bought one top and one dress.

Then, I ate at Laksania.

Then, I took the train home.

At 1030pm, I was already home.


No comments: