Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Washing Machine Disaster





Gosh darn gee. There seems to be something about me that attracts domestic water problems.

Gosh. Last year, when I was living in Chiltern Park Condo, the floor drain in my CR got clogged, and I went home one day to see my toilet flooding with ankle high dirty water (with hair and soil and yucky things). I had to pump it down, use those liquid pipe cleaners, then finally had to resort to the expensive plumber. Can't remember if it was about sgd150.

Darn. About 2 months ago, my aircon just wouldn't start. Turns out there was a faulty pipe thermistor or what. Which I guess had to do with water also.

Gee. Last Friday night, I did my laundry. Close to 12 midnight, I pulled myself from the computer and went to the kitchen. I opened the washing machine door and whoooooosh! Water came pouring out loudly. I panicked and closed the door.

Panicked some more when I saw that the water was continuously getting pumped into the washing machine. I turned off all the switch, but the water was still dripping. The water level inside the machine was getting high again.

I went to the toilet to wash my hands, and when I went out, the dripping has stopped.

No choice, I opened the door again, and all the water came out.

I used my strong forearms to twist (my manual version of 'tumble dry') my super drenched clothes and hung them on the rack. Then, I swept the water into the drain, hung the floor mats, threw out the accumulated dirt on the drain, and wiped the wooden floors.

I told my flatmate about it. She used the washing machine, and it worked perfectly. Dang. The washing machine doesn't like me.

No comments: