Friday, September 4, 2009

Retail Therapy... Huhuhu...

I like the brown one too =(
Experimental dressing for me

See...SGD138.03!

I had doubts about this dress at first, because the Pinoy saleslady said. "Para sayo ba (Is it for you) ? Wag yan, pang ano yan (Don't choose that, it's more suitable for)...(trail off..i assume she meant it's for mature women), eto nalang (choose this one)" (she showed me a funkier dress).
Then it kinda changed how I saw the dress.. but it's cheap, so I bought it still. When I got home, I experimented on the belt. When I twist it around, or tie it at the back, it does make me look older, but when I tie it and create a loop at the side, it looks nice, stylish even.
*******************************************************************************
Work is uber stressful and tiring. I am far from my family. I am far from my boyfriend. It's crazy!

I have friends, and they make me happy. But there are times when only one thing can lift my spirits - retail therapy!

I've never really understood what retail therapy was all about, until I came to work in Singapore. Honestly, shopping things for yourself after a tiring day does things for your well being (and sanity).
Good thing I'm not into massages, manicure-pedicure or salon-ing.
Anyway, I wasn't like this before. Sure I liked buying things, but just those small cute things, clothes and shoes and bags.. and most of them from 168! One of the most affordable shopping area in Manila, near my place.

But now, it's different. I buy clothes, shoes, bags. And I'm not talking about 300 peso items, it's now 20, 30, 300 sgd.

Good thing I'm not super into retail therapy yet (because there's always food therapy), but I find that I shop more frequently now. Usually when I'm alone. Because somehow, when I'm with someone, I tend to be stingy.

Just the past 2 weeks, I bought two pairs of Charles & Keith shoes (but I had sgd25 voucher, a gift from a dear friend), I bought a skirt from Mphosis, a black top from Uniqlo, a tshirt dress from Uniqlo, top from 9 to nine, dress from L VER (this is amazing, original price was 138, sale price is 20!!!).
But then again, so long as I don't touch my rainy-day savings, that should be fine. I think. I hope.

No comments: