Monday, September 21, 2009

Pot of Minestrone (Part2)




Boiling the veggies and waiting for them to become tender

Tomato paste added, for flavor and a boost of lycopene

Healthy goodness
The shell pasta is all fat now..

I nearly puked from consuming a whole pot of minestrone for a week (this was about 2 months ago) for diet purposes.

Today, I cooked another pot. And I didn't quite learn my lesson.

The soup itself was good, but since I cooked so much, I had to eat so much too and we all know that if you keep eating the same thing, no matter how good, you're bound to get sick of it.

I planned to cook only a small portion this time, about 3 days worth of soup. What do you know, there seems to be more soup now than before.

Oh my goodness. This means I have to eat about 2 bowls every lunch and dinner in order to finish it off within 3-4 days. What I do for the sake of dieting...

This time around, my minestrone has a new and improved recipe. I added in minced chicken meat and shell pasta and a bit more salt and pepper. It's better than the first pot.
(Added after a few minutes: I prepared my lunch pack for tomorrow, seems like the soup is not too much after all. Probably good until Thursday lunch only.)

No comments: