Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why Do I Have Meaty Arms?

I have the answer!!

It's to protect me from getting crushed by the bus doors.

Well, twice now, my meaty arms have helped me repel those bus doors when they closed while I was still standing on the doorway.

1st time: I was just one step from getting off the bus when my friend asked me 'Did you tap your EZ Link card?'.
I didn't (for the first time, it slipped my mind), so I hurriedly tapped it. But I did it when I was almost out of the door, so apparently the driver thought I was already out so he pressed the 'door close' button. I was still there! So the door closed on me and sort of crushed me in between! I'm sure it looked painful, but it wasn't.

2nd time (tonight): My friend and I waited for Bus#27 outside Tampines1 mall. Apparently, all the other commuters were waiting for the same bus. One came, but it was already jammed, so the driver didn't even let anyone board anymore. The second one was crowded too, so the driver told us to wait for the next one. The third one came and we rushed to get in. My friend was already inside, but it was super jammed.. The driver said 'door closing', and I was in the midst of telling my friend 'Go ahead without me..' when the door suddenly closed shut. Again, I was still in the doorway! I was crushed and you should have seen the look on the other passenger's face (well, I guess I should've seen mine too). It hurt me, but not physically. It just hurt my ego!

PS It's more painful to be hit by a closing automatic building door (Like the ones in malls, because I also got hit once at Velocity Mall in Novena. Just my luck.)

No comments: