Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dinner at Novena




This actually happened last Sunday, but as I've mentioned in my earlier blog, I haven't been in the 'blog-writing mood' lately.
Anyway, last Sunday, I met up with my friend whom I haven't seen for almost 4 months.
Since it was already late when we met up, we decided to meet somewhere near, which was Velocity Mall in Novena. We decided to try out this chicken claypot and hotpot restaurant.
When you order a pot, they will bring the dish to you with a candle to keep it warm. It's a chicken dish with gravy, much like the Filipino 'adobo'. You eat it with rice, but once you're almost finished with the gravy, they will add soup to it, and it then becomes a hotpot soup dish.
You can then just add vegetables, which you can get for yourself from the refrigerator.
After dinner, we went hunting for desserts. Since Velocity Mall doesn't have much dessert places (only coffeeshops), we decided to go to the Donut Factory. My friend had a double chocolate donut, and I had the peach melba ice cream.. it's sweet, with a bit of a tang from the raspberry, quite my taste actually.
It was a great night for me because it was a very relaxing get-together with my friend.

No comments: