Tuesday, April 28, 2009

PeraMakan (The name of the resto at Keppel Club)






















Peranakan food! My dream came true last night, when my officemate decided to treat us at this Peranakan restaurant. (We ordered Set A, check their website to know the names of the dishes)

We went to Keppel Club at Harbour Front. It's a posh place, because there was even a driving range near the restaurant.
Anyway, we ate all these super nice Peranakan food (google it to learn more). Beef rendang, Fish Assam, Nyonya Tofu, Longgan with Dates drink, Pork Ribs, Prawns, Black chicken with nuts (you have to spoon out the actual nut mixture from the hard nutshell) and Ice Chendol (plus free flow of rice!!!). Yummy! I like it!

But I think Peranakan food is not for everyone, because it's spicy, and almost all the dishes has coconut milk, which is very 'gassy' (I was told) and not very good for people with gastric problems.

Since I loved their food, I will post their contact details:
PeraMakan
Your Nyonya Family Restaurant

Level 3, Keppel Club, 10 Bukit Chermin Road, Singapore 109918
Tel: (65) 6377 2829
Website: http://www.peramakan.com/













No comments: