Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just for Saturday Night, I am Chic and Sophisticated






















The Saturday plan for this week was very different - dinner at Chijmes, followed by cocktails at the Long Bar inside Raffles Hotel.


This meant having to wear smart casuals, and strictly no flip-flops (sorry feet).

Since I didn't have a nice pair of chic jeans, I wore my form-fitting black slacks paired with green sleevless top instead. To comply with the footwear requirement, I wore my favorite pair of black peep-toe high-heeled shoes from Pedal Works.

We had dinner at Hog's Breath Saloon and Grill (Australian). The feast comprised of: Finger food platter, salmon (with raisin garnish) and steak (I think it's ribeye).

Then, we crossed the street to Raffles Hotel (one of the most expensive hotels here in Singapore). We went to The Long Bar for their Singapore Sling. I did my research on this- "this COCKTAIL consists of gin, cherry brandy and lemon juice shaken with ice and strained into a tall glass. The drink is finished by topping it off with soda water. "

The drink is said to have originated from Raffles Hotel. Right on! If I'm going to drink that stuff, might as well drink it from the place where it was created. But man, is it expensive or what. A semi-tall glass is SGD23. If you would like to have a souvenir glass, it becomes SGD32.

I had 2 glasses (because one is honestly not enough), and I bought a souvenir glass.

I like the drink, because it's just like juice, except there's a slight kick (haaa-yaaah!). I just don't like the price (tsk tsk).
The damages:
Dinner - SGD30
Drinks - SGD 64.35

Overall, it was a great night. Chilling out, the way rich people do it.








No comments: