Monday, April 6, 2009

Popeye The Sailor Man ... Poot Poot


A lot of people (more than 2, that is) have told me that there's a delicious fried chicken somewhere in Changi Airport, and that's Popeyes Chicken.
I wanted to look for it because I love fried chicken, but Changi Airport is far, and I'm afraid to go there and be lost.
Last Friday, my colleague told me there's also one in the City Hall area (Singapore Flyer area). So on Saturday night, my friend and I went there.
Finally, I'll get to try the much complimented Popeyes.
(There's also Popeyes in the Philippines, but I haven't eaten there for a long long time and I'm not even sure if the Popeye there has closed down already.)
I had the 2 pc chicken with fries and biscuit. I also top-up SGD1 to include onion rings.
Not my type because:
- The skin was too thick and not very friendly for my teeth, because I couldn't take tough food.
- The chicken was okay but very oily
- The onion ring was even oilier than the chicken
- The biscuit was dry and bland (though my fault, because I didn't check if they served maple syrup for it)

No comments: