Saturday, April 18, 2009

Starstruck
















My friend and I met up for our Friday dinner at Bugis, because we wanted to check out the newly opened Illuma mall.










The facade of the mall is decorated with white thingies 'pasted' to the structure. In a way, it looks like an artwork. At night, they turn on the moving lights, so that it creates a ... I don't know what it creates. It just has moving lights at night, period.
Anyway, when we got there, a group of people were standing in front of a stage. We found out that Aaron Kwok was going to the mall for a meet and greet session at 8PM!
I remember Aaron Kwok because he used to be such a big Asian singer back when I was still in high school. He was one of the good looking, big-eyed Asian dudes around then.
Oh my, oh my! I will get to see him, and for free (he has a concert at the Indoor Stadium)!
So my friend and I went to eat first since it was only 730 then.
After dinner (820pm) at Pasta de Waraku, we went back to the activity area where Aaron was already being interviewed.
First, we could only see his shoulders, then we moved a bit so we could see his denim covered calves. A little more and we were able to see him!
He's matured so much (but didn't we all?) and he's so much tanner than on tv. Well, I was starstuck because he was a known celebrity, but definitely not because I was awed by his looks. He looked so cool to me when I was in highschool, but now he just looks like a regular guy.
Bah, I learned that I should always bring my camera for these unexpected photo opportunities. Even with the zoom-in function of my camera phone, I still couldn't capture anything that would really prove that the person on my pictures are indeed Aaron.

No comments: