Saturday, December 13, 2008

Nimbu Masala


Haldiram's Nimbu Masala (Soured Potato and Pulse Flour Noodles) is simply one of the best junk food for me.
In Manila, you can get it from the Indian Grocery Store along UN Avenue. Here in Singapore, you can buy it from Mustafa in Little India.
It's basically just potato with lots of spices. Tomato powder, red chilli powder, mango powder, lemon powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, onion powder, garlic powder and citric acid powder (Wah, that's an awfully lot of powder). YET it's stated on the packaging that it contains no MSG.
It's like crushed noodles in texture, so the way I eat it is I pour some on my palm, then I bow down, and let it stick to my tongue (much like how birds eat actually).
It's addictive because it's a burst of different flavours- salty, spicy and sour. You'd want to keep on eating because the flavour is intriguing. The only thing is, when you finish up a whole pack, by the next two days, it will incorporate into your system (my theory), and when you sweat, you can actually smell the nimbu masala. So it's advisable to either eat just a handful OR eat it only when you're not going out OR drink lots of milk afterwards.
For me though, I'll just drink a lot of milk afterwards. It's too good for me to let it pass.

No comments: