Sunday, December 7, 2008

Crazy

After my chunkfest episode, which took as much time as the walk from the Dhoby Ghaut Station to Fort Canning Green (where it was held), I went to the nearest mall, which was Raffles City.

Oh, while I walking down the downhill slopes of the venue in Fort Canning, I failed to see a big step downward. So I was walking, then suddenly my left leg was on a lower level than the right, my whole being was shocked by that one step! I didn't fall, but it felt like I did because I think my brain shook from the impact.

Anyway, while I was in Raffles City, I remembered that I had to check out the grocery for some gluten-free cookies for a friend's nephew. I looked around, and ended up buying some other stuff. Mostly to bring back home to my mommy back in Manila. There wasn't any gluten-free cookie, so I bought a gluten-free pancake mix instead. Close enough.

It was heavy, the mix plus some powdered drink I bought.

Next, I went to Bugis because I wanted to buy the cufflinks that I saw about 2 months ago. But when I got there.. eh? How come it doesn't look as nice from the first time I saw it. Good thing though, since they were like, SGD46 per pair.

Next, I went to Orchard to look for an Esprit store. I needed to buy a polo shirt. But to my surprise, they didn't have a stand alone store in Takashimaya. So, I ended up buying 2 long sleeve polos for myself. (They were on sale, 50% off)

Next, I went to Little India. At night. And this is the 'crazy' part.

Why, oh why, would I go to Little India alone? And at night? ..... Because I was crazy!
Stubborn too! I couldn't even convince myself not to go. Honestly, my 'tiny-self1' was telling me not to go. But my 'tiny-self2' was saying "Get it over with, just buy those things you need, then go". So 'tiny-self2' won, as always.

Why did I go there? Because I wanted to buy the 2 items I saw, these were gifts to my friends. It's not because they were cheap that I had to go back to Mustafa to get it, it's because I didn't see it being sold elsewhere.

In 45 mins, I finished with my shopping, and I rushed to the MRT. It's not far, but I was carrying 5 big bags!

A few minutes past 12 midnight, I was home. Finally! And I haven't eaten anything after my subway lunch. Well, just a kitkat bar. (Another crazy thing)

I hurriedly prepared the instant noodles. While waiting for that, I drank a lot of water, because I literally felt my body heating up!

No comments: