Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Meal











My Christmas Feast.
I woke up late feeling rested and refreshed at around 12PM.
I cleaned my room and toilet. And I mean the thorough clean-up, not just the sweep and wipe cleaning.
By 4PM, I was finally finished (and the long cleaning hours was worth it bacause my bedroom's wooden floor is now shiny, and my bathroom tile is clear of any hairstrands or remnants of past showers).
After showering and changing clothes, I went to the Velocity Mall in Novena to check out the shop selling the Fitflops (flip flops that would supposedly help tone your muscles more) that I was vying for, but it was so expensive! SGD99.90! I was going to use the money from the angpao to buy it, but I decided not to. I could buy a lot of other stuff with the money if I don't spend it on a single expensive item.
It was time for lunch (at 5pm), so I ate at the Organic Cafe (picture shown above). I ate their pan fried chicken with spaghetti. It was yummy because it has a clean taste, and although the sauce is cream based, it's not so heavy on the stomach. Total bill: SGD15.90.
Then, I went to Novena Church and listened to the mass. As usual, I was teary-eyed again. Novena church does that to me. For some reason, I am oftentimes moved by the songs and I get emotional. Because it's Christmas today, the choir and all the other churgoers sung Silent Night and other Christmas carols. It was lovely!
After church, I went around the malls again to do yet another round of shopping. I bought quite a few pieces of gift items, and I was able to find good bargains (branded tops) for myself.
To end the day, I had dinner with a friend at Billy Bombers in Marina Square. I had the barbeque rib and chicken dinner meal which came with cream of mushroom soup and strawberry milkshake. The verdict? I don't see myself going back to that resto again. It's not all that bad, it's just not good enough to go back to. The total setback for 2 people was SGD 61. Well, it was a setback for my friend, because he treated me.
-
Oh, the cupcake-like thing shown above is actually a hazelnut-dark chocolate combination with small sugar flowers and pistachio leaves. After my lunch, I wanted to treat myself to something sweet. I saw a gingerbread cookie, but then I saw this one and it was cute. So I bought one, and ouch, it was expensive! SGD3.70 for one piece. Wah-law (oh my gosh, Singlish style).

1 comment:

Smarter Than Ever said...

Haha! Long finger nail*!



* thumbnail, actually