Sunday, December 7, 2008

Die Die Must Do

I heard this phrase from my Singaporean friend. I actually like it because in just four words, it's able to stress just important a certain thing must be done, no matter what.

For me, this phrase was applicable yesterday. I had so many things to do, so many places to go to. I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet! And although my Manila vacation is not until the third of January, I still have to start moving. Or else I'll be panic-buying again.

For yesterday, I planned to do this: Go to the gym, clean my room (as in general cleaning), go to Yishun for the Esprit outlet store, meet my friend somewhere to get something, go the the Ben & Jerry's Chunkfest, go to the mall to shop around and finally, go to Little India to purchase some items that I saw a week ago.

Shouldn't be a problem. Except that I woke up at 1pm, dilly-dallied around and finished gym at 3pm. Cleaned my room for an hour, dilly dallied again. By the time I got to Subway for my lunch, it was already 5pm!

So I skipped the Yishun visit and the rendezvous with my friend and instead went directly to the Ice cream festival. It was in Fort Canning, a place where I don't know much about. So, I got off from Dhoby Ghaut station and walked to the Fort Canning park. I saw people walking, so I figured they were also going there. I kept following them, not sure where I'm actually going. Then, I heard some band music! Hooray! I have arrived!

No comments: