Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My 14.5 Hour Workshift

I work in a bank.

But not in the call center.

Not in IT

I'm a Service Relationship Officer. (Much like a relationship manager, but concentrated on services.)

Why then, do I stay so late?

I don't know, I don't know! I wish I knew.

When I get to the office, it's continuous work. No joke! Even getting water is a waste of time. It's that busy.

Lately, I find myself working later and later. So does my lunch. It used to be 230 or 400. Then it became 500 or 700. Now it's... oh, never mind.

People might think "Customer service takes 14.5 hours!?". Yes, it does. I speak for all the customer service people out there: We are busy because aside from attending to walk-in and by- appointement clients, we also have incoming calls, outgoing calls, emails and follow-ups. We also have transactions, maintenances and various applications to take care of. Not to mention, doing clerical tasks like sending out mail, doing reference letters, filing and monitoring previous days transactions. Then, we also have to attend meetings, trainings and online learnings.

All in a day's (and night's) work.

No comments: