Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I was hit by a sudden wave of OC-ness

I left the office at 11pm. Gosh darn gee.

But I stopped working around 10:15pm last night. While I was packing up, I had the sudder urge to rearrange my things. One, because I saw one of the managers doing it earlier today. Two, because my other manager has already left our team and will be moving back to Manila so she left behind her magazine box, plus her in/out tray. Woo-hoo!

That's when I suddenly felt the urge to clean my desk. Lately, the workload is overwhelming. You'd think that with the recession and bank issues, there would be less work for us bankers (yes, I'm a banker). But no, I think it has doubled, and since most people are using their vacation leaves this holiday season, it has tripled.

So I thought, perhaps because my desk is always so messy, that's why I work longer. When your things are messy, your brain tends to become messy as well because there's so much more to remember- like: the instruction for this client is underneath the pile by the left. The urgent request is on the right, the list of clients to call are clipped together and inserted somewhere..
I decided to clean up and get organised. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

No comments: