Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I want to go home

I called my dad to say 'hi', and to convince him to see a doctor. Basically to run a general check-up. Then he said he was already in the hospital.

I was like, what!? I couldn't really tell if he was serious or joking. He likes to joke and say stuff.. But then, I heard my mom on the background, talking to someone and saying something like "He's okay." So I was surprised, shocked and sad.

I talked to my brother to confirm the details, so he told me that they (my mom and brother) decided to check him into the hospital so that the doctor can do a thorough check-up, and also to detoxify him (because my dad smokes.)

(My dad hasn't had any complete check-up in the recent years. )

I asked my dad what he wanted as a gift, and he said he didn't want anything. He just wants to see me. And I'm really sad, I still have 3 more weeks before I can go home. I have been away from them for over eight months, of which my parents visited me around October and stayed in Singapore for only a week.

My daddy said he wanted to wait for me before he does the check-up thing. So I said the check-up was long overdue, and he should listen to the doctor. He said he will only listen if I was there...

Why am I here? I want to be with my family. My daddy wants me there. I want to be there.

I'm so sad. I'm back to crying again.

1 comment:

Smarter Than Ever said...

There, there. Be brave, little one.