Thursday, May 7, 2009

Vietnam











Honestly, I didn't know what to expect for my trip to Vietnam and Cambodia.





What happened was, my friends planned everything and I basically just paid my share and showed up at the airport.

-
My friend and I arrived in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam at around 9am and went straight to the hotel to meet up with our other friends (who flew straight from the Philippines to Vietnam).

What stuck to my mind was, the place looked like a province in the Philippines. More laid back, and more simple (the people, the car, the buildings) than the major cities (like Manila, Makati...). But what hit me was, the streets were packed with motorcycles!! They ruled the road. Voom here, zoom there. If the street has a stoplight, then good, you can cross in peace (and in piece). However, there are some that doesn't have a stoplight, so you really have to skip, jog, run. They say that you should just cross and not hesitate, because the bikes will actually evade you. The trick is, look once and then just cross because if you look again, and see the bikes, you will really freak out.





No comments: