Thursday, May 21, 2009

My "all-the-hawkers-are-closed-so-I-can't-get-a-decent-meal' Dinner




I left the office at 9pm. By the time I got out, most of the hawkers were already in the process of closing, if not already closed.

The only ones still open were fastfood joints, so I had no choice but to choose one. Tonight, I decided to eat at Burger King in Toa Payoh.

I ordered their new Tendercrisp Chicken Burger ('spicy, juicy and tender chicken thigh fillets') Meal for SGD5.95. It was still hot when I started to eat it, and did I get a shock! When I bit into the chicken fillet, the oil from inside the meat oozed out and spilled over my lips. Aaaaaouch! But anyway, I continued to eat while removing the trans-fatty mayo and some of the flabby chicken skin.

All in all, not bad, but not good either.

After I ate, I suffered from a semi-major (or major-minor) gastric pain, probably because I only had a few mouthfuls of beehoon and a cup of milkshake for lunch (didn't have time to eat, didn't feel like eating too). So while waiting for the bus, I was hunched over while trying to find a position that won't intensify the pain.

When I got to the bus, I was a bit better. But on the way down, my nose suddenly dripped. Dripped with blood! Oh cmon, all these in just 30 mins. Geez.

I stepped down the bus, and I'm not sure if the other girl saw my nose. If she did, she probably would have been scared, seeing somebody walking with blood dripping down.

No comments: