Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saturday Night Live
























































Last night, my friend made reservations in Partyworld KTV at Liang Court.





They were supposed to sing (and I, listen) last Saturday but what do you know, the place was packed, the next available slot was at 1am, and it was only 9pm then.

We checked other KTV outlets, and it was the same thing- either it was 12mn or 11pm.

So around mid-week, my friend secured a slot for us.

-
We had dinner first at Clarke Quay. Since my friend was craving for paella, we went to this place called Tapas Tree (Tapas Y Vinio). We had:

Cheese croquettas - Yummy!
Asparagus wrapped in bacon - So so
Leche flan - So so (but not worth it)
Churros - Not good! If this is what true churros tastes like, then I'd stick with the ones from non-authentic Spanish restos.
Paella de Valencia - It was good, although still moist (maybe because they were in a hurry to serve us after 40 mins of waiting time!) and there was non of that toasted-rice feel and taste to it.

The damage: It's SGD40 per person. SGD120 in total.
The rating: 3 spoons. Probably won't visit a second time.
-
After dinner, we went to Partyworld KTV where I listened to live music, from my friends and from other people at the room near us (it's not even mildy soundproof).

I sang one song, I think, and hummed along to the others. I really don't sing, and I'm okay to just listen and sing along silently. Honestly, the mic scares me!
Damage: SGD26.50 per person for 4 hours.

2 comments:

Smarter Than Ever said...

"Sing along silently"? How do you do that?

Back in Davao said...

Like this "......."