Saturday, May 16, 2009

Beehoon for Breakfast





For my fellow Pinoys, this may sound weird. To be eating beehoon in the morning.
To be honest, the first time I tried it, I experienced 'peh' or the feeling of having the food stuck in the passageway between your throat and your diaphragm (sorry, not sure, but you get my point). Ofcourse I eat beehoon, but not in the morning!
But then, a few more tries and I began to like it.


Now, I tend to miss it.
Everytime, I tell myself to wake up earlier so that I can buy myself a packet (an order) of beehoon.
Yesterday morning, I was earlier (9am at the Toa Payoh mrt station), so I passed by Old Chang Kee to buy white beehoon with spicy string beans, sunny side up egg and their famous chicken wings.
Wah! it was super nice. I liked it! A great breakfast to start the not-so-great day (because there was a pending issue at the office).

No comments: