Friday, April 22, 2011

SG Volunteering Work - Mural Painting 26Mar2011

Walking towards the Old Parliament House








We were there for the 10am-12pm slot


Walls, or rather, dividers that we had to paint. There were about 7 panels, I think.


Since we were in the first batch, our task was to lay protective plastic sheets on the ground and plants to prevent paint spills.


It looks easy putting those plastic sheets, but it's actually physically taxing. We were sweating after an hour of bending.







Next task was to paint the background/base color onto the panels.


I stepped away for awhile, and that girl in green (if I remember correctly), finished my column. Grrrr!



So my friend and I moved to the farther left, where there was more space for us to move around and paint in peace. I painted 2-3 columns more.



Next task was to mix colored paints to paint over the drawings drawn by the artists.




Actually, I don't know why we had to mix the colors when we couldn't even use it. My mixture was a bit orangey.



When I started to paint the petals, the 'artist' stopped me and said she didn't want the orange color for that drawing. She then gave me a gray-colored mixture.



That drawing above, with the green, blue and gray thing, that's what my friend and I painted over (oh, and this other girl as well. Who was quite annoying bec she stood so close while pressuring me to finish. And then, she painted so slowly that our time was up, and I couldn't paint a second coat). The gray petals, that's what I painted.

******************************************************************


Another new experience for me. Mural painting!



Thanks to my friend for telling us about it.



On March 26, 10AM, my friends and I (3 of us) were at The Arts House to do some mural painting. It's one of the SG Volunteering work.


It's actually fun, and a very nice experience.


Can't wait for my next new experience!



No comments: