Friday, April 22, 2011

Bye Molly (Warning: Contains 1 Gross Picture)

April 20,2011. Molly, my problem molar, was scheduled to be extracted at 745pm at the Johan Dental Clinic, Toa Payoh
I left the office at 530pm, to have an early dinner before the extraction.


I ate at Bibigo Korean Healthy Fresh Kitchen, Raffles City.


A good expensive meal before I face my fear.




Boiled pork with white fluffly rice. Very tasty, though not melt-in-your-mouth tender (or maybe because I just couldn't chew properly because of my elevated Molly (due to some infection).
*****************


At 7:15p, the clinic called me and said I can already go there. Actually, I was just a street away when they called. I intended to be there earlier.



The dentist injected me with 2 big doses of anesthesia (which I read was the normal procedure). Then, as I could still feel some things, he injected me again twice with 2 small doses.



You see, my gum has infection, and so the anesthesia doesn't work that well.



The whole time, my eyes were closed while I was pressing my fingers together.



The dentist used a tooth elevator (don't know how it works).


Then, he went behind me and used the pliers-like thingy. I could feel the pain, but I dared not tell him because it would only drag longer. He moved his hand, up down (or left right), then he moved away. Next thing I know, he already placed the iodine cube on my tooth and topped it with the gauze. Molly was no longer a part of me at about 7:35pm.




I probably looked weird, but after the dentist explained that a good tooth shouldn't have those white tissue thing covering it, I asked him if I could take a picture.



The dentist put Molly in a small sealable plastic and gave her to me (by my request).



He said I shouldn't take hot food... and ice cream would be good for me.


So, I went to cold storage to buy me a tub.


I didn't know ice cream tubs were so expensive! I haven't bought one in the past year because of my diet ( I mean I do eat sinful food when I'm out, but I try not to bring it home).


Mashed bananas and vitamin c drink eaten about 4 hours after the extraction. I had to eat in order to take my painkillers.



My breakfast, the morning after.


My lunch.

My dessert, Walls (or Selecta in the Philippines) strawberry ice cream.




Made in the Philippines.


I actually didn't enjoy the ice cream. I felt it tasted so synthetic.


My mashed potato dinner.


My day 2 post-extraction dinner. Instant abalone-flavored porridge. Yuck.


No comments: