Saturday, November 13, 2010

Regretted Eats

Disclaimer: Below are just my thoughts, based on my personal taste and diet. (Just in case, so that I won't get sued)
Saw this cute dessert store at Raffles City basement (they've renovated it, and the place is now 'happening', not like before)

After our Friday (Deepavali) dinner at Skinny Pizza, I bought some designer looking cupcakes home for my midnight snack. I wanted one cupcake only, but they only had take-away boxes in twos.. so since I'm obedient, I bought 2.


This cupcake is called 'Popped' or something. Corn cupcake. Actually, the cupcake itself was okay. Not good, but passable...

Earl grey with banana or something. (Notice, if I don't care about the food, I always just refer to it as 'something'. Waste of brain space to remember them). I like bananas in my desserts...

Cute, isn't it? Each cake is SGD4.90

First one to eat - the corn cupcake.

Cupcake was a bit dry...

Ah, thank goodness was able to force it down. Couldn't bring myself to swallow the trans-fat filled icing though, which tasted like margarine..*shudder*

Earl grey cupcake, eaten the next morning. Dry.
Again, the icing was too much.
What a waste of calories. I should've just eaten 2 bowls of fried rice.
Best fries forever would be the one from Skinny Pizza.

This was still at Raffles City last Saturday. My time-for-self day.

I ordered the Ole Ole, which was fries with creamy salsa sauce.
She's laddling my sauce onto the tub of fries.

(Not easy to take picture while walking).
The fries is not bad, I mean, fries are fries right? You can't really go wrong. It's just part of regretted eats because there's just too much calories in this tub.
Ah, the Garrett Citylink outlet is finally open. As usual, I queued along with the others to buy some.
My officemate brought some to the office a week ago, and I took some to try. I liked the caramel.

Popcorn is happy food. (For skinny people, perhaps)


Just popped.

Fa la la la la..I bought the smallest package, which was about SGD7. I chose the Chicago mix, which was cheese popcorn and caramel popcorn mixed.


Caramel was okay, crispy and sweet but the cheese... I didn't like it. It was too buttery (that I could almost feel it clogging my arteries) and too oily and just not my taste.
Again, I regret the number of calories I took in.


I love Eskimo's regular milk tea, but I saw they have silky tea, which looks similar to the Gongcha milktea. You know me, I will try almost everything.

I ordered 1 silky milk tea, 70% sugar. SGD2.90.


They put more milk froth on top of the tea.. but, it's just not the same. Somehow the froth at Gongcha is tastier.

Cheese pretzel from Swissbake.
All I tasted was saltiness. Not much flavour but salt. I guess the cheese on top was just for visual effects.
**************************************************************
(I think I'm mean today, so many complaints. )

No comments: