Sunday, March 25, 2012

Peking Duck Dinner at Mandarin Court

My friend treated us to a peking duck dinner for her birthday at Mandarin Court, Mandarin Orchard (24Mar2012).
One whole duck for 3 girls.  Sounds like a lot of duck.
But actually, the picture above is supposedly the whole duck.  I see skin, and I see some meat.. but where'd the other meat go? I guess the duck was super skinny, you know, the skin and bones type.
 Didn't like the restaurants lighting. 

 Ooooh, I used the pic collage app again. Love it!

 DIY duck roll. Mmm...
 The custard bun with the swirly green thing.

Flowy custard, but I didn't like it. It tasted just like condensed milk and baking powder+baking soda.
There was a period of time when I got addicted to baking my own bread, so I became familiar with that smell and taste.


 Darn restaurant lighting.
This was the noodles. Noodles for long life!
 Hot and sour soup. Tasty.
Lovely to look at. Full Stop.

*************************************************
Overall, it was just an okay dinner. It cost a lot, but for me, the quality just wasn't there. Actually, I'm generally not impressed with food from hotels. Well maybe except the dimsum from St. Regis, which was yummy.

No comments: