Saturday, March 10, 2012

Drums Alive and Zumba

 Bought a groupon for 6 sessions of mixed group classes - boxercise, zumba, drums alive, muay thai

 Studio 101 is  located at Tanjong Pagar. I got lost at first, because I didn't notice that it's just a brown door (I was looking for a studio with clear glass outside).

 Ah, there you go. From outside, you can't tell that there's a nice surprise inside.
 My first time there, I felt loss. Didn't know anyone, don't have intention of knowing anyone, I just want to try the drums alive.

 I wasn't able to take a picture of us while doing the drums alive, was so busy hopping about and hitting the fit ball.
But I was able to take a picture of the other classes. Drums alive is so much fun.

I reserved a slot for drums alive on a Monday night, but because there was so much work, I couldn't leave. I emailed the studio to advise them, but was told that whether I go or not, it would be deducted from my package. This was fair, since the studio is so small and reservation is required.

I was given an option though to do Zumba instead, which was at 8:40pm. I decided to go for it, didn't want to waste one session.

Wasn't expecting much, because I'm already doing Zumba on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and for me my instructor is already one of the best.

But man oh man, I was super surprised. The instructor Vehn, was super good. Refreshingly different from other Zumba instructors because he's super lively, and he sings during his class and he hops about and he encourages the students.

I'm super glad I wasn't able to attend the drums alive that night, otherwise I wouldn't have tried the zumba class.

My only problem now is, the classes gets filled super fast. So I'll have to email at 12:01 in the morning, a week before the class to make sure I get a slot. ( They only allow reservations to be made 7 days before the class schedule).

No comments: