Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sucker for Set Meals

At Ruyi, in Heeren.


Was walking home when I saw that it's finally open, decided to try it out.

















I ordered the set which includes the main dish, side dish and drink. For the side dish, I chose radish cake - to see how bad/good mine is compared to those they sell in the restos.




Hmm.. theirs is definitely more flavourful - sweeter and saltier. But I still like mine better, because it has that homey taste.





I ordered minced pork with egg yolk rice, they gave me the braised pork with egg. Good enough, I think this is better than the minced pork.




I didn't want to finish the rice, but I still did. Sigh. How to lose weight like that?


At Xiamei Ding or something. The Taiwan restaurant at Raffles City basement.


My friday lunch out.



Wowowow!



Pork knuckles. Soooooo yummy! It was tender, and savoury, and the skin was QQ. Normally I don't eat the skin, but this was too good to pass.



The appetisers - some small fish with peanuts and chili. Good.





Preserved radish in egg. Very very homey.



The beans stir fried with garlice. Yum.



The rice with some braised meat. Yummy.




The only thing I didn't like was the honey tea. It was tooooo sweet. But otherwise, I enjoyed the meal.




Bill came out to be SGD19. (It's 15++). Quite expensive for a lunch meal, but what the hey, it's to celebrate the end of a work week.

No comments: