Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Heart Heart

Heart Bistro at Palais Rennaissance, Orchard

I'm sort of the designated food-finder among my friends. My role is to suggest new places to eat on our weekend get-togethers.


My most recent successful find is Heart Bistro. It supposedly serves healthier food (because I was searching for healthy alternatives since I'm perpetually on a diet of some sort).


Warm water with free citron syrup.


It's located in one of the most boring shopping buildings in Orchard, but the restaurant's decoration was quite pretty.


We ordered the warm spinach salad with mushrooms cooked in truffle oil. Aaaaaaah delicious!!!
The purrrfect starter. It doesn't look it, but it's super good. Unanimous decision. No 'if only this and that then it would be perfect' or 'it's a bit salty but okay'.. Only 'wow, it's good!'



Ravioli with hint of truffle as well. Lovely dish! The only thing I can say is, it's better to share this dish or else it can be too cheesy and too filling. Since three of us were sharing, it was purrrrfect.





The main entree - their bestseller, beef cheeks. Aaaaaaaaah yummmy! It's oh-so tender. And for someone who has difficulty chewing on tough pieces of meat, this was just purrrrfect! I love it!


That's a lot of purrrfects there.


I can't wait to go back!
*Only thing I must say.. Oh wait, make it two. First one is, I ordered their carrot cake.. and I didn't like it much. I must say, I only ate it the next day though. And, they probably just ordered it somewhere.

Second thing is, it' quite pricey. The 3 dishes already cost SGD90+.. For a big eater like me, the meal only lasted in my stomach for 2 hours.





My ravioli.

My portion of the beef cheek. Mmmmmm...


Okay, so after watching the sucky movie Beastly ( This ranked as the most oo-liao movie we've seen this year) which only lasted about 1.5 hours (and it's not even an animation), we were all hungry so we decided to have desserts at Canele.


I decided to order their crepe.


The tarte tatin


The crepe was nice, and the crispy thingy there. The only thing I didn't like was the ice cream.. hmm, maybe I really am way past the ice cream stage. (note my previous blog on Baskin Robbins ice cream and Walls tub ice cream)


My fresh orange and lemon juice. Gaaaaak! this was so so so very sour. I could have asked for sugar, but then I didn't want to take in additional sweets.


My friend's mont blanc, and super chocolatey chocolate cake and macarons. Never been a fan of macarons, and maybe I never will be. It's too sweet.




No comments: