Sunday, October 24, 2010

Photos of Contributors...

Contributors for my excess body fat... restaurants and food from everywhere...

A Japanese cafe near ANZ at Raffles.
Beauuutiful presentation

Smoked salmon and rice. Problem is, I hate smoked salmon. I like it cooked properly.

Dessert of glutinous rice. Soooo sticky. That's the only adjective I can say. It's about 10 dollars per set meal. Food is clean, presentation is nice. Taste is very plain. BUT, it's a great getaway from the super busy raffles area lunch crowd.


Tampopo, Liang Court.

I believe this was the BP Ramen (black pig). In slightly spicy soup.

This store was voted to have one of the best ramen in town. It's good, but I don't know.. personally, I don't find it spectacular. I did go back to Tampopo, Ngee Ann City, to eat ramen (because I was craving for ramen).. but really, it's not spectacular.

My friend and I shared this. It's black pig katsudon. It might be the size of the meat, or rather the thickness, but it wasn't very tender. And BP is supposed to be very tender because those piggies were not given any stress, in order for their meat to be more tender.

Korean food place at Change Alley, Collyer Quay. Friday lunch with a friend...

My big Korean set meal.

Dinner at Lau Pa Sat - mixed rice. It's like 'turo-turo' in Manila. You just choose as many dishes you want to go with your rice.

Ordered dessert, mixed fruits sago, so that I can stay awhile longer to listen to the live band.

Nando's at Bugis. It's chicken peri-peri, much like the chicken inasal in Manila (inasal is so much better). What's the big idea? People are queuing up just to eat at this place... for me, the food is okay, but nothing 'wow' about it.




Sampler

It's just okay. I mean, the chicken thigh was tasty, but the breast part was a bit too dry and tough.

Extra hot wasn't hot enough. The chili at some hawkers are hotter.

Salmon from don't know where.

Dinner at a Korean resto in Square 2.

Warm spinach salad at The Marmalade Pantry, ION (good)

Warm dates pudding with vanilla ice cream. Still as good as the first time I tried it. (recommended)

Banana popsicle with pumpkin brulee. Brulee was okay, but the banana was yucky. Unripe banana dipped in tasteless chocolate and covered with equally tasteless bothersome peanut bits.

Saybons is bigger and better now. It used to be just a small stall at Plaza Singapura with 3 or 4 seats facing the wall. Now, they have actual tables and dining area. I'm happy for them!


Broccoli and cheese soup. Yum.

Ham and egg and cheese. Yummy.

Some ramen place at Novena.. forgot the name
My pork ramen. Looks a bit murky.

As usual, I got pursuaded to buy the set meal, which comes with gyoza and bottomless drink.

I love the egg though. Just the right eggwhite texture, and the yolk is runny. Mmm...

No comments: